Whether you’re for or against the revised proposals from Fifth Capital, it’s important the Planners hear your voice. Here’s what to do.
1. Have a look at the revised proposals.
b) Read Fifth Capital’s summary of the proposals (the Design and Access Statement) (10Mb PDF)
d) Have a look at what CAG thinks
d) You can also see the full proposals on the planning website (persevere – it takes ages to load!)
2. Write your comments in the Council’s planning website comments box. (Write them in direct but note that the page will time-out. So if you’re writing lots or will get interrupted it’s best to write them in a text editor and then paste when you’re ready)
Technically (i.e. the planners tell us) the only issues for consideration are the ten points raised at the April committee meeting. Everything else is taken as agreed. However, don’t let that get in the way of a good argument!
Deadline: For Planners to take your comments into account in their final report they need to hear from you by Tuesday 29 September.
3. Submit a statement direct to the Planning Committee (A) – the agenda is likely to be published two weeks before the meeting i.e. 1 October. Petitions and statements must be received by noon on the working day prior to the meeting. So your submission must be received at the latest by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 13th October. Send to email@example.com
4. Come to the Planning Committee (A) – 6pm on Wed 14th October at the Watershed. The best way to make sure the Planning Committee know what you think is to read your statement out to them.
5. Then sit and listen (quietly – eh hm) to the Committee’s deliberations.
6. Retire gracefully to celebrate / commiserate / disect depending upon what you said in 2, 3 and 4 above.
If you have questions or need help, just let us know. Write in the comments box below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org