People’s comments on the Fifth Capital proposals
- Is the scheme financially viable?
- How much is being paid for the site?
- Given the number of jobs that have gone out of the local area, will there be a commitment to local employment?
- Will any consideration be given to employing local people in the development?
- Given that all jobs (and profits) so far are destined for London please can the architect and developer assure us that jobs and training opportunities and senior posts will be available to local people.
- Local jobs – employment opportunity. Apprenticeships for project for after build.
Relationship with Comer
- The relationship between Fifth Capital and the owners is murky.
- Can the current owner still scupper your plans and, if so, what is their disincentive? How much would it cost them to prevent it and keep the site undeveloped again?
- Can you set out in plain English what the on-going relationship is with / between Fifth Capital and Comer?
Involvement of the community
- What community involvement will be there be from now on?
Delivery – long term management
- Do Fifth Capital intend to retain the development or sell it on? If it is sold on, how will commitment on management be honoured?
- What guarantees that whey they say now will go forward?