Our Community Vision for the future
People’s comments on the Fifth Capital proposals
- Essential to have answers about the management of the site. Proposals for management e.g. shop units, hard and soft landscapes. We need confidence in the application.
- The exhibition in Autumn 2014 said there would be consultants talking to the community in quarter 4 about arts and ground floor uses of the community space behind the Carriageworks.
- Will it have anything to offer the local community – Picton St or multiculturalism in St Pauls?
- Fear of supermarkets.
- Why is there so little for the community?
- Will commercial businesses be local independents or chains?
- There should not be an “inside”! Unclear about uses about these especially commercial and ability to combine units to form unsociably large units.
- We’re not happy about the loss of community / workshop spaces.