People’s comments on the Fifth Capital proposals
- What are the water run-off plans?
- Given that the value of these buildings have given their owners assets on their balance sheets, isn’t it time for the local community to benefit?
- Why should we accept profit making outsiders over the popular model developed by CAG and Knightstone, designed to meet local need?
- Not by commercial non-local.
- Anything to stop foreign investors bulk buying?
- How can we trust a company whose representative so blatantly disrespects the Chair of this community meeting? (refers to architects refusal to keep to agreed time).
- As the Chair of a Social Housing group why should I support this (at present I am urging Councillors to reject) as:
- No social housing – shared equity is NOT social
- Car parking is naive
- Money not clear
- Relationship Fifth Capital and (Comer)
- No community element
- Why are there no detailed plans on display tonight?
- Comparison with the Knightstone scheme is unfair. Their proposals were really very early stage ideas. This should be made clear.
- How to you feel about riding on the back of years of community work and wrecking it?
- This is a real tooth and claw private development that offers little or nothing to the local community. It offers nothing in terms of self-determination. It is a luxury development visited upon a vibrant community that will change its nature irrevocably – all in pursuit of profit. How do you sleep at nights?
- There is no element of community ownership in this development.
- This is a purely commercial development. It is not clear how this benefits the local community.