In advance of the Carriageworks Community Meeting (Wed 16 Nov, 6pm at Kings Centre, King Sq) we’ve received the following questions from all you great people out there. We’ve sent the questions on to Fifth Capital and the City Council. Hopefully they’ll be at the meeting and able to give the answers but if not we’ve asked them to write so that we can pass the answer on.
Questions for Fifth Capital
· Who currently owns the site?
· Do the owners HAVE to sell to Fifth Capital?
· Has Fifth Capital got the funds to carry out the development? If not, what can be done?
· Can you provide a timetable of key events from now until the start of construction. For each event: can you tell us who is responsible for making sure the event takes place, what the potential challenges are and the strategy for dealing with each challenge.
· Is there still a Housing Association partner? Who is responsible for the affordable housing?
Questions for Bristol City Council
· Can the Council compulsory purchase the site?
· Can the twin track (i.e. work with developer AND start the CPO process) be restarted?
· Is there another local developer who could take on the scheme and make it happen?