These are the changes that PG are proposing to the redevelopment of the Carriageworks.The changes will be discussed at the community meeting on Wed 28 November from 6pm to 8pm at the Salvation Army, Ashley Road.
The textual descriptions below are PG’s, not CAG’s. We haven’t as yet seen any drawings of the proposed changes but for reference we have included extracts from the most recent drawings, submitted for planning permission in 2015, below.
- Small non material changes to the front of Westmoreland House including infilling recessed balconies and amending windows (see diag 1 below for current design)
- Some small alterations to the Carriageworks roof scape (Block C) to allow the core to extend to the top storey (see diag 2 below for current design)
- Reconfiguration of internal accommodation for Block A, the new build residential block to improve efficiency, allowing an increase in the number of units in the building without changing the footprint of the block. This will include an increase in the height of the step back facing Ashley Road on floors 4&5 (see diags 3 & 4 below for current design)
- Reconfiguration to increase the number of commercial units on the ground floor of Block A following removal of ground floor residential onto the main courtyard (see Plan 1 below for current design)
- In early 2019, PG Group will look a new application for Block D to increase the affordable housing content with a single additional storey of four residential units for affordable housing. The two ground floor apartments will change to 2 additional commercial units. (see plan 1 below for location and ground floor units and diag 5 below for current design)